Although the RM2K3 project was about 50% complete, when my hard drive died I lost a large portion of the materials I had for it and porting it over to RMXP/VX was at that particular time somewhat overwhelming. I'm now starting it anew, specifically for RMXP/VX. Because of RGSS's versatility and flexibility, it means that a lot more detail can go towards things like custom menus and in-game variables, not to mention aesthetics.
Some of the features I'm hoping to include in the game are:
- Bestiary (Bestiarius): For logging opponents fought in the arena and keeping track of their strengths and weaknesses.
- Achievement Diary (Diarium Facti): A log of major accomplishments and achievements, such as killing a certain number of opponents or surviving for a certain number of battles in the Arena.
- Job Log (Laboris Tabulae): In between combats, the opportunity to perform various tasks for others, gaining additional experience and kudos.
- Calendrical System: A complete time/calendar system for use in the Arena.
- System Options: Additional options to change things like windowskin color, background music/sound effects volume control, and more besides.
At the moment, "The Gladiator Project" is in its embryo stages, but progress is slowly being made. Watch this space for more info and updates!